boîtier for bike's purpose is to:
1) make your bike accessible for use.
2) store your bike when not in use.
3) complement existing furniture.
Functionally, your bike never needs to leave boîtier once in place—you use your bike on the platform with the drawer opened.
- Hand-crafted wooden furniture designed to make any room feel less like a gym, more like a home—add boîtier for bike to a home gym, living room, bedroom, or any space you would add a hutch or standalone cabinet.
- Made from beautiful Cherry hardwood, veneered wood, and antique brass.
- Compatible with Peloton and other popular stationary bikes (we'll be providing an exact list).
- Stable, durable—custom-built, steel-enforced drawer made from industrial components.
- Shelving for books, plants, speakers, etc. to match your living space.
- Drawer will be built to open left or right, based on your choice after purchase.
Three requirements dictated the structural design of boîtier for bike: a piece that would provide a safe platform on which to workout, a piece that would allow a bike to be stowed easily, and a piece with ample shelving.
To ensure a safe platform while using a bike, we’ve built a custom base which is load-tested to 400lbs and reinforced with steel. Our base draws inspiration from utility carts found in mechanical industries (like automotive), where large loads must go from mobile to stationary positions, securely. We went through many iterations of the base, deciding between combinations of drawer-slides, legs, and wheels. We determined that industrial Caster wheels combined with two locking mechanisms created a stable, controlled platform.
Testing is ongoing with real riders within real homes on beta units in New Orleans. We'll be uploading footage and results when completed and will communicate any changes to our approach.
boîtier for bike was built with the intention of never having to lug a stationary bike around after a workout—the workout should end with dismounting the bike, no folding or disassembly. Our platform + drawer design lets you forget about the bike by simply closing the drawer.
The piece provides ~56Lx30Wx9H” of shelving. The space is undivided to accommodate as many types of objects—from wide speakers to long yoga mats—as possible.
Overall dimensions (closed): ~60L x 30W x72"H
Overall dimensions (opened): ~116L x 30W x 72"H
~9.5 feet of space is needed to use boîtier for bike with the drawer extended. And a flat surface, without an incline. Hardfloors like wood or stone are recommended. Dimensions may change by a few inches with testing.
NordicTrack S15i Studio Cycle
SoulCycle/Equinox At-Home Bike* (see note below)
Bikes measuring 24Wx59Hx59L" and under, which do not lean.
Soulcycle is compatible when seat/handlebars are not set to maximum length. If using Soulcycle, please ensure your bike is set comfortably and measures 59"L or under.
NordicTrak S22i Studio Cycle
NordicTrak Recumbant or Upright bikes
BowFlex VeloCore bikes
Bikes measuring over 24Wx59Hx59L" and/or leaning bikes.